Stair Tread Information
National Redi-Tread’s patented RHINO TRED® high-performance stair treads are installed near the end of construction, just prior to occupancy. Turn over a “new” building.
Our basic precast concrete stair tread, supplied with a “pool deck” slip-resistant surface. Built for metal stairs to eliminate concrete pan-filled stairs or loud diamond plate stair treads. A faster alternative to traditional commercial stair designs.
Patented RHINO TRED utilizes an interior core to eliminate concrete weight. Less concrete means fewer VOC emissions, fewer logistics, and fewer labor costs. The core adds structural integrity, these stair treads will not shatter or break.
How RHINO TRED is built:
RHINO TRED® is built with a patented lightweight honeycomb core design. Coated with a UHPC 10,500 psi concrete. The embedded sand epoxy coating provides a long-lasting slip resistance walking surface. The final product is a high-performing, durable stair tread for commercial use.
- 1 1/2 inch nominal thickness.
- 11 5/8 inch deep.
- Cut to your exact stair width using a saw.
- 48-inch treads weigh 34 pounds, a 70% weight reduction vs standard precast stair treads.
- With less concrete, CO2 emissions are reduced by up to 2/3’s, a LEED opportunity.
Key Advantages of RHINO TRED:
Full use of stairs, before installation of the concrete stair tread.
Stairwell painting and clean-up can happen before the final installation of RHINO TRED®.
Pre-engineered for steel or wood stair stringers up to 6 feet in width.
Designed to set on top of the existing metal stair tread to eliminate concrete pour.
Stair treads are fast and easy to install.
A high-performing concrete stair with a superior slip resistant finish.
Concrete pours eliminated.
Stair structure must conform to the following I.B.C. code:
RHINO TRED exceeds the I.B.C Code: Table 1607.1
100 pfs – uniform load (4.8kM/m²)
300 lbf – concentrated load (1.33kN) 4 sqr in area (2581 square mm)
Best Project Uses:
- New Commercial Buildings
- New Apartment Stairs
- Stair Tread Repair
- Metal Stair Renovations
Embedded Photoluminescent Stair Nosing Options
- Meet luminous egress code requriements.
- Choose your embedded nosing option.
- Optional surface mount nosing available.
Pre-Engineered, Universal, Stair Support Pan For Stair Builders
- Achieve a closed riser design.
- Attaches to either metal or wood stringers.
- Fits 5 1/2″ to 7 1/4″ riser heights.
- Optional G90 galvanized steel finish for exterior use.
- For supporting RHINO TRED.